If you are unable to boost a post from your Page, it may be due to one or more of the following:
Missing information or pending items required for your Page:
Expired or older content on your Page:
- Unpublished Page: publish your Business Page and then boost your post.
- Insufficient permissions (you need to be an admin): reach out to an admin on the Page and request that they update your
Page role to either an admin, advertiser, moderator, or editor and then boost your post.
Unsupported post types:
- Offer: if your offer is expired.
- Event: if your Event has already occurred (it happened on a previous date).
- Old posts: posts published before June 21, 2012 cannot be boosted.
- Old cover photo: an old cover photo (not the current cover photo displayed) cannot be boosted.
The following post types are examples of posts that cannot be boosted on your Page,
as they are not supported by the Facebook ad system:
- Profile picture
- Live and scheduled live videos
- Mobile app install posts
- Notes or posts containing a link to a Note